Before you start: the following are general recommendations for using our chemical Ramclean grades. We advise contacting our experts to get more tips & best practices to match your specific requirements
Safety: When performing these procedures, it is the machine operators responsibility to know their company’s safety policy, machine safety operating parameters, and wear appropriate protective safety equipment
For cleaning cylinder, screw, die and mold
1. Stop feeding the extruder with the material in use.
2. Clean the Hopper and around it very carefully.
3. Clean the color dispenser (if exists). If possible, shut it down and remove it.
4. Empty the extruder.
6. Raise the Back pressure to the highest safe level.
7. Start filling RAMCLEAN (chemical purge grade) until it flows out from the mold, using 30-40% the regular RPM.
8. Stop the screw and let RAMCLEAN (chemical purge grade) “sit” for 3-7 minutes.
- Don’t stop the machine when cleaning PVC!
- For heat sensitive materials, don’t stop for more than 5 minutes
9. Dismantle and clean the “die” if necessary (dirty, not smooth, not original, with contamination)
10. Start purging out RAMCLEAN: a) By injecting it through the opened mold at a low injection pressure.
Or b) By closing the mold and injecting products at half the weight.
11. If contaminants are still visible after most of RAMCLEAN is flushed out, add more and repeat steps 4 to 9.
12. Add the next material to use and continue injecting half weight parts until all RAMCLEAN is out.
13. Resume production using normal production settings.