Before you start: the following are general guidelines for using our chemical Ramclean grades. In order to achieve maximum efficiency slight adjustments of quantity and process might be needed. We advise contacting our experts to get more tips & best practices to match your specific requirements
Safety: When performing these procedures, it is the machine operators’ responsibility to know their company’s safety policy, machine safety operating parameters, and wear appropriate protective safety equipment.
1. Stop feeding the extruder with the material in use.
2. Clean the hopper and around it very carefully, it is essential for the success of the whole cleaning procedure.
3. Introduce Ramclean (usually 600) and let it run at the same speed and temperature as original material until the purge is visible in the bubble (coming out of the die)
4. Lower speed to 5RPM or lowest possible speed as long as RAMCLEAN is visible on the bubble
5. Let it run for approximately 15-25minutes. If contamination is still visible add more Ramclean
6. Optional: PE (LLDPE or MDPE) can be used for about 10—15 minutes or until Ramclean is no longer visible on the bubble. At the same time temperature can be adjusted for new material production
7. Screen pack can be removed and new one should be installed
8. Introduce new material and start production