Before you start: the following are general recommendations for using our chemical Ramclean grades. We advise contacting our experts to get more tips & best practices to match your specific requirements
Safety: When performing these procedures, it is the machine operators responsibility to know their company’s safety policy, machine safety operating parameters, and wear appropriate protective safety equipment
1. Stop feeding the extruder with the material in use.
2. Clean the hopper and around it very carefully, it is essential for the success of the whole cleaning procedure.
3. Empty the extruder.
4. Raise working temperatures by 10°C.
– For heat sensitive materials, do not raise temperatures more than those recommended by the resin manufacture.
– For flat die, raise the temperatures at the sides of the die 10°C higher than at the center.
5. Remove screen pack.
6. Start adding RAMCLEAN (mechanical grade) until it flows out from the die.
7. Stop the screw and let RAMCLEAN sit for 3-7 minutes.
- For heat sensitive materials, don’t stop for more than 5 minutes.
8. Resume screw rotation and start flushing out RAMCLEA at low screw speed, after 2 minutes- increase the screw speed.
9. If contaminants are still visible after most of RAMCLEAN 101 is flushed out, add more RAMCLEAN 101 or repeat steps 4 to 7.
10. Add the next production resin and flush out the remaining of RAMCLEAN 101 .
11. Install the screen pack, adjust temperature and screw settings for the production resin and continue with production.